she's losing it!

November 05, 2005

Imagine all the people

Smoking and drinking and trying drugs
Talking to strangers at clubs and pubs



Deep, huh? Profound? I might use that in a song lyric in the future (since when do I write song lyrics? I wrote a song in 9th grade, as a music project. The chorus went like:

You’re too fat, too thin, too wrong, too loud
Too shy, too weird, too “where’s the crowd?”
Too insecure, too self-consumed, too sad


Quite the masterpiece if I may say so myself.) so please do not steal it!

Oh, I am just one lucky lady. Shortly after my previous entry, my mom decided that I couldn’t walk around in my old, “pink”, Chucks anymore. Have you seen them? They’re like three big holes on each shoe, held together by some grey fabric and rubber. I love them, and I think that having skanky Chucks is like a sub-culture to indie, but still. I needed new shoes. Thus, my mom went out and bought me new shoes, simple as that.

I wonder if this fall break will be remembered as the Great Shoe-break of ’05? I mean, last Saturday there was the black fuck-me pumps from Vagabond (I guess they wouldn’t be classified as fuck-me pumps by the Sex and the City-gals, but in my universe, they are) and now, these magnificent creatures in black leather, off-white canvas and white and black rubber.

Anyway. Since my last entry was about me sitting at Café Vinyl in new black Converse, I think there’s a connection here. I had no idea, when writing that entry, that my mom would buy me a pair just a few days later. I mean, I dreamt of it, and I saw it with my inner eye, but I didn’t really think it would happen. At least not that soon, and after so little persuasion from my side. So, today’s question is: does this work with everything?

I mean, so if I can imagine myself with Ian in a nice restaurant, with me looking ab fab and him drooling all over his steak (but not due to the food, if you know what I mean, harr-harr-harr), it’s going to happen like next week?

Sweet deal. I’ll imagine world peace next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home