she's losing it!

December 14, 2005

Okay, so

I just wrote the world's longest entry about Lucia. And other stuff. And then Internet Explorer sucked.

Short version: Lucia is a catholic Italian saint, tortured, had to poke out her own eyeballs from their sockets and send them on a train somewhere. This is what I learnt in kindergarten, so the details might be blurry. Lucia-day is celebrated every year on December 13. People dress upp like this:


And we sing and walk around without shoes in the snow. No, we don't. This picture is slightly misleading since a) shoes are essential in December and b) my part of the country never ever has snow by Lucia-day. The guy in the back, with the funny, pointy hat is a stjärngosse (starboy (don't laugh)). Please do not confuse with stjärtgosse (buttboy).

So, the day before Lucia-day you stay up late in order to do the whole candle-white dress-red ribbon thing early in the morning. However, nowadays most people just use it as an excuse to party on a weekday. Me and my nice friends decided to go to the movies again, as usual. Three movies; all secret; 12 pm-6am; Lucia Movie Night. All the movies sucked this year, but it was still cosy. Since I'd stayed up all night I slept all day, which means my skipping-quota for the rest of this semester is filled. In order to soothe my guilty concience, I intend to go to the voluntary biology lesson this Friday morning. Am I sick? There's definately something wrong with me. The five schooldays left this year are going to be LONG.

The library, where I used to work for almost 3 years, had it's 100th anniversary-thingie that evening, and were open until 12.30 pm. Kind of cool, I think. The new part of the building, called Ljusets Kalender or The Calender of Light (I puke at that name, too) had a stage in the middle of the room and a wicked lightshow going on. If you've ever seen our minimalistic library, you'd know it was cool to have a lightshow in there. And rock concerts: Forest and Crispian, a great rock band that played at our school in October, were there and they were actually really good. Couldn't find any pics of the lightstuff but here's one of the band:


So, dogs... Yeah.

And: what do I do after school? This?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home