she's losing it!

January 29, 2006

First Impressions of Earth

Gosh golly, I just dowloaded The Strokes new album. I feel so high-tech. And illegal. So, now: the band name is quite confusing. Do they mean The Strokes as in "she Stroke my forehead" or The Strokes as in "he had a Stroke and now he wears a diaper"? I want to believe that it's the first one. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I do.

And anyway, stroke is such a weird word. Look at the composition of consonants - you'd think it was Polish or something. And I'm Polish, so I would know.

This weekend has been/will be way too much play and way too little work for me. All play and no work makes Nat a happy-happy girl. However, it will also make Nat's grades dull. Very dull. This Friday was Johanna W's 18th birthday (finally!) so a gang of about 10 people surprised her at our regular pub (oh, the shame!): UFO. Let me tell you about UFO: it used to be very weird. They have walls in bright colors and tables in the shapes of feet. And yellow and green plastic sofas. You don't know if you've come to a kindergarten or a pub. Anyway - we started hanging out there because they didn't check for ID's. Then we got our VIP's there (you may touch me) and died a little bit on the inside. Anyway, over the last couple of months, UFO has become some kind of rock pub. Well, to be specific, it has become a rock pub, because that's what the poster outside said. "Welcome to Malmö's only real rock pub". What makes UFO so real? And so rock? You might ask yourself. Well, I'd say it's a mix between the giant Ramones poster on one of the walls and the black sheet with a pentagram painted on it in white chalk on the other. Yes. Pentagram. On a bright, fuchsia, wall. Oh, and also, the new resident DJ looks a little something like a mix between a shabby dog and a shabbier ball of black yarn. The green thing on his head is a BERET. Yes. And then there's a beer, and a hand doing a silly sign. Hello, I'm rock, who are you? He played odd, odd music all night. I don't even know what it's called. Like, metal-rock-hard-loud-non-melodic-loud-rock. With-a-lot-of-drums-and-base-and-guitars-going-oooeeeeeoooouuueee.

After UFO, Kajsa and me went to Golden, the pub that has gone from über-nasty to very cool and extremely indie and then back slightly to nasty. Our ambitions with UFO are actully to make it cool, but I feel that they're really not co-operating, with the new rock thing. After Golden, we went to KB, just in time to catch Advance Patrol performing their last song of the evening, the grand finale: "Välkommen till Malmö" (Welcome to Malmö), which is the only AP song anybody knows. After the concert, reggae night started, and I thanked Sean Paul for having such splendid dancers in his videos, teaching my entire ninth grade class how to dance to reggae without looking too white. Speaking of white, every time mthe DJ played semi-unknown reggae, all the black people in the club would take over the dancefloor. When the DJ varied himself by playing 50 cent, Lil' Kim and Chingy, all the white folks entered the floor, thinking, "oh! I've seen this video on MTV! I know how this song goes! I can dance! Man, I love reggae." It was quite amusing. Yeah yeah, so I danced a lot. It was nice and all, but I have one tip for you: don't drink water if you're trying to get a little tipsy. "Varannan vatten", my ass. Fuck Festmetoden, I spent 400 kr without getting drunk. I just got a hangover yesterday. Without being drunk before... How crappy. Yes, you may laugh.

So, yesterday was spent mainly in bed, except for the evening when I met my beloved Lecille and Ylva, my ladies, the lights of my life. We saw The Interpreter with Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn, and Eurotrip. Eurotrip is like... the teen movie of all the teen movies. It sucked, but since we knew that when we rented it, we didn't mind, and instead, we enjoyed all of the prejudice that were shown. Yes, we were amused at a deeper plane. And watching movies with Ylv-man and Ell is always awesome, so I had a great time.

Today was supposed to be filled with studying. It won't - Johanna H decided that she'd have her 19th birthday today. Goddamn her. So, me, Martyna and Kajsa are getting out into the woods and fields of Skåne in order to eat cake. I guess I could do worse, but then again - I really need to study. Fuck.

Screw this, you only live once. I can sleep when I'm dead. Or retired. Or after I've recieved my Nobel prize. Or next weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leyla Swafe said...

see u got it all wrong nat. The only thing that is depriving you from your sleep is that fact that you owe me ten (no not eight) TEN lollies. gimmie lollies and u'll get a nappy. happiness for everyone! lollies (L)

21:51

 
Blogger angelo said...

AMERICAN PIE BETTER SEE IT NO EUROTRIP

12:14

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home